Sunday, August 31, 2008

Went to the Nike Run today, it was flooded with people la! So many people join! And I realise my knee a bit cmi still. Kind of weird, I feel ok when I stride or sprint, but when I slow jog the pain kicks in.... er so how am I suppose to stride all the way for 10km? And for marathon how?!

I came with this conclusion, I am too heavy for my knee, damn if you have seen me in shorts, you'll realise how skinny my leg is. Its like my 76kg, 6kg is my leg and 70 kg is my body. So theres a few things I need to do before marathon. 1) Lose weight (Duh!), 2)Strengthen my knee and other leg muscles (Calf etc). 3) Strengten my stamina. I think for the start, I wanna carry backpack of 5-10 kg and go for long walks. Maybe I'll walk to school! haha.

So I jogged for first 3km or so, den I walk, stride/sprint throughout the 10km. Completed it in 1hr 15 mins, sucky timing, but for someone who is suffering from knee injury, 1 month + never run. I guess its still ok bah haha.

See the amount of people hanging around after the run


Cause kerk, shirong, robbin couldn't make it. So I joined Canni and Melissa's Gang to run. They are all very nice people!


Me and my finisher wrist band, I'm still trying to figure out how the heck to wear this thing. Oh well

No comments: